The nominating committee of the Rockwall Area Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for upcoming board positions. The Board Nomination Forms are available on our website and can be accessed using this link.
The Rockwall Area Chamber of Commerce is a diverse organization with approximately 720 members. Each year a nominating committee is appointed by the Chairman of the Board to select candidates to serve on the Board of Directors for a three-year term.
Chamber partners who have an interest in being considered for the Board of Directors are encouraged to do so by submitting a candidate resume form. Please return to the Chamber of Commerce President or Nomination Committee Chair, Eva Hummel, no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, October 19, 2021.
While the nominating committee will not be limited to selecting only from those who volunteer, it will be its responsibility to consider all candidates objectively and select those, who in its judgment, best meet the requirements established for service on the Board of Directors.
The candidate must:
• Be a member in good standing of the Chamber
• Participate in the Investment Tiers Dues and Sponsorship Program structure at the Business Level or greater.
• Attend and participate in an Annual Strategic Planning session.
• Attend regularly scheduled monthly board meetings as well as any special meetings called by the Board Chair.
• Commit to support Chamber programs and events with their presence.
• Agree to attend an annual planning session, monthly board meetings and special meetings called by the Chairman of the Board
• Capable and willingness to Chair and/or serve in a leadership role in one of the Chamber committees.
Other desirable qualities candidates should possess include:
• A record of service/leadership in the community and/or within the Chamber
• A leader in his or her business or profession
• Background that provides sound judgment in considering problems and policies
• Support Chamber financially by attending events and participating in Strategic Alliance Investments
• Capable and willing to accept a leadership position on the Board of Directors
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone for consideration to the Board of Directors please email myself or Brandon Morris directly by close of business, Tuesday, October 19th.
Email: Darby@RockwallChamber.org or Eva.Hummel@ATMOSEnergy.com